Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Orchestra Concert

Today we had our first concert. I play 2nd violin in the University Symphony Orchestra. It was really amazing1 I love playing in orchestra! It's such an amazing experience! Something that balances my science filled life. We played 2 pieces: one with 4 piano solos! and one symphony. We played Bach's concerto for 4 pianos and it was really great! Can you imagine 4 piano solos and an orchestra accompaniment? It was really great!
We also played Brahms Symphony No. 4. It was really great too. Some wind solos, which were amazing of course! All in all, it was a good night!


My stand partner Hannah and I.


Luke and Erik, my buddies. They walk me home from every practice (I make them - kind of) and they're just cool.




My parents! My mom has not missed a performance yet. My dad always comes when he's home. Today, he came from his trip at 6pm and was at my concert at 8. He's a truck driver, so he's not home all the time.



My dad and I. Do I look like my dad or my mom?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sad I missed your concert. But it looks like it went well and the guys are still as hilarious as ever. And I think you look like both your parents! And is it just me or do you look more elegant everytime I see your picture?