Saturday, August 23, 2008

Textbooks

Makara left for Norway more than a week ago and she has a blog about her life there. Reading it, I decided to create a blog of my own about my life here so she would be up to date and anyone who wanted to read it can enjoy as well. Makara and I have been best friends for a few years and we were roommates last year at PLU. She went to study abroad and left me all by myself! But it's a good experience for her, so I'm only happy that she has this chance to go study in a different country, even if that means I'll be living alone and will not have a buddy to meet new Chinese friends with!

Although school has not started yet, textbooks are available for purchase at Garfield book company. So I went online to check how much my books would cost for Fall and I did the calculations and it's crazy! $450 for 3 books for Organic Chemistry! $780 for all the books I would need to buy, without counting the Calculus book because I already have it from Calc I (unless it's a newer addition, then it's $200 more that I have to pay!) I'm thinking about buying my books online now. I don't really need brand new books as long as they are in good condition, I can get by. I'll go the book store in person to write the complete information on all the books and start looking online for a place to buy them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Those are some expensive books! I can sympathize with you on this one, even though I am not there. I thought the the program got our books covered here, but of course, it's not. So I have to look for all the materials I need here, and you know how expensive thing are here. So I can definitely sympathize!

And I am so extremely HAPPY that you have a blog! I can read about your experiences at home just as you can read mine while I'm away. It's a great way to keep in touch. I'll be eagerly awaiting for your new posts!

I miss you!