Monday, August 25, 2008

Friend's Wedding

My family and I went to Portland today for a friend's wedding. Our families know each other and the bride and I are friends, we used to stay at their house a lot of times when we went to Portland for church.

The wedding was amazing! Thinking back on it, it's my dream wedding! Orchids everywhere! And if you know me, I LOVE ORCHIDS! I have not been to a wedding yet where there were orchids! I took pictures (of course, Makara taught me well! :) ) and I will share them.


This is in the hallway of the church they got married at. They had 2 pots (not just one, two!) with banana trees and a pot with bamboo! The bamboo is so huge, I mean look at it compared to me, I'm 5 feet 7 inches and it's way taller than I am! It's definitely real and it's just growing in a regular old pot! I would not have believed it had I not seen it with my own eyes!




The bride and groom, so beautiful together! Her bouquet is all calla lilies! Yes , read that again Makara , that bunch of flowers that she is holding are all perfect white calla lilies! I think this could be your dream wedding as well as mine! :)




Look at her hair! She has fresh orchids (plus some fake hair, but that's beside the point, she has orchids in her hair!!!!) All the bride's maids have fresh orchids in their hair and the groom's men have fresh orchids as in the pin for their jackets. It's super cool!



Real, fresh orchids!


The color scheme was blue and silver. The designs of the bride's maid's dresses just amaze me! Usually there is only up to four pairs and all the girls wear the same style dress, they get them specially made I think. Well at this wedding, there were six pairs and each girl was wearing a totally different dress, but they all have subtle things that connect them. They're all a shade of blue, each dress has silver fabric somewhere (sash, bodice, ect.) and they all have something that glitters like clear gemstones sewn to their dresses. I think it's really cool. Also, there's three different shades of blue with two dresses made with each shade and when the girls are in order, it looks really cool! All the gilrs are holding a bunch of white Gerbera Daisies which are really beautiful!


These are the decorations on the bride and groom's table at the reception hall. They're different styles and shapes or candles in the blue, silver and clear color scheme. All the candles sit on mirrors. There's a border made with mirrors along the edge of the table and the candles sit on it. It's really cool!


These are the table decorations in the reception hall. Tree twigs painted silver with fresh orchid stems intertwined. Really, really cool! And very different. Some tables had these vases, and some had shorted vases filled with blue colored water with white orchids floating, really amazing!



These are the wedding cakes. Again, each is siting on a mirror and the flowers on each cake are fresh white orchids!


Up close of a vase with blue water and white orchids inside. This one was placed under one of the cakes


One of the bride's maids. She one of my friends and she's the bride's niece. Again, the candles are visible from this angle.


The bride let me borrow her bouquet to take pictures! Yay! It's even prettier up close!

Me with the bride's bouquet!


So that was the wedding! Really amazing! My dream wedding!

Thinking about it, now that I've seen it and been there, you can't really top this wedding (as a dream wedding that I would want), I mean you could, but it would cost a fortune! And I don't think I want to top this wedding: I mean, I've been there, I've seen it, I'm satisfied! :) I still want A LOT of flowers at my wedding, though! Especially orchids! And other flowers, every kinds! I don't really care about the matching bride's maids dresses that much, but I want TONS and TONS of flowers!

1 comment:

Makara said...

I love reading about this wedding! "yes read it again Makara" lol that's hilarious, I actually read it again before I saw that sentence afterwards lol.

That does sound like your kind of wedding, with all those orchids. And I love the decorations! Mainly the cake on the mirror and the candles too! Also I liked the blue water with white orchids. They utilized the theme well.

Thanks for updating!